PR 101 eNEWSLETTER - SUBSCRIBE TODAY!
With simple tips and actionable advice, you'll be able to quickly and easily enhance the visibility of your product, service and brand.
"PR Newswire was a critical tool in helping my client maintain revenues. Faced with declining revenues, I needed to get them out of the box. While they weren’t ready to abandon their print and direct mail efforts, I helped them bolster their web and media presence. The PR Newswire effort definitely helped, especially enhancing our search engine optimization and pay-per-click efforts. When we saw the release distributed through dozens, if not hundreds, of sites on the web, we also saw our pay-per-click ads placed near the release. End result was increased traffic and a bump in their revenues."
How Small Businesses Can Manage a Better Blog
- Find your frequency – Once you start writing a blog, you need to maintain it on a regular basis. This way your readers will feel like your creating a consistent publication. Your frequency will likely depend on your staff resources.
- Find your length – Your target audience dictates your article length. Some audiences prefer long-form copy opposed to short articles. Writing for your audience will help you avoid comments like “TLDR”, which translates to: Too Long, Didn’t Read.
- Optimize your content – Pick keyword battles you can win! After determining the best keywords for your blog posts, make sure you’re reaching a keyword density of at least 2.7 percent.
- Share the right content – As I mentioned earlier, your content needs to have value. Share tips, teach people how to do things, and give new context to older, already-published content.
- Be conversational – You must create a blog that interests people if you expect them to become a continual reader. Be conversational in your approach, but don’t forget to stay professional. Ask readers for their opinions, and be sure to share your content in all the right places (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
Back to top