PR 101 eNEWSLETTER - SUBSCRIBE TODAY!
With simple tips and actionable advice, you'll be able to quickly and easily enhance the visibility of your product, service and brand.
"PR Newswire was a critical tool in helping my client maintain revenues. Faced with declining revenues, I needed to get them out of the box. While they weren’t ready to abandon their print and direct mail efforts, I helped them bolster their web and media presence. The PR Newswire effort definitely helped, especially enhancing our search engine optimization and pay-per-click efforts. When we saw the release distributed through dozens, if not hundreds, of sites on the web, we also saw our pay-per-click ads placed near the release. End result was increased traffic and a bump in their revenues."
Customers Love Content: 5 Ways To Be A Content Machine
By Steve Lazuka, Interact Media
Marketing content is one of the most important aspects of your business plan and branding strategy. Creating high quality content shows expertise in your industry and positions you as an authority in that industry. The use of several types of media will allow you to get your word out, helping draw in repeat and prospective customers.
Consumers Trust Content
A few telling statistics demonstrate that consumers love content. As a marketer you can take advantage of these numbers to assist you in your marketing plan.
- 61% of consumers show more confidence in companies that create their own content and they are more likely to do business with those companies.
- 70% of consumers want to learn about your company through content, such as blogs, not ads.
- 78% of consumers believe businesses that create and deliver custom content are more trustworthy and those customers are more like to forge relationships with the that company.
The bottom line here is if you create original and high-quality content people will trust you and eventually do business with you.
Becoming a Content Machine
After reading the numbers listed above you probably realize that content is a good thing. Now, you have to set about to create this great content. If you think that marketing content is hard and time-consuming you're right-- it can be. But, by using a few simple tactics you can streamline the process and become a content machine. A few strategies that will help you out are:
• Creative Strengths - The idea is to play to your strengths. If you are a good writer by all means use this talent to create content. If photography or shooting videos is your forte make a push to do them. List everything down on paper and analyze what you do best. Don't frustrate yourself trying to do things you are not good at. You can outsource those things. Focus on your creative strengths.
• Types of Content - Think of how many different types of original content you can create in your area of expertise. List these ideas on your computer or a notebook. Try to get as many ideas down as you can. Shoot for at least 50. You can revise this list if you need to. Don't just think of content as being blog posts. You can fabricate infographics, videos, presentations, white papers and much more. Try to vary the types of content you use in your blog and on your website.
• Repurpose existing content - Chance are you have existing content that you can use in your present marketing campaign. Use this content for something new. If you have written a white paper, eBook or have other longer pieces of content break them up into blog posts. Videos can be transcribed into blogs posts and possibly even eBooks. If you have really old marketing materials find a way to use these in your current content. Customers love this. Look around and use what you already have on hand.
• Where will you publish the content - While this may seem simple and like something you don't really need to think about, spend some time on where you will publish your content. Of course, blog posts go on your blog and videos may go on YouTube. Think outside the box a little, though, and see if you can figure out ways to use different media in unique ways. Can you sneak that blog into a Twitter update? Would that video look good as a link on Facebook? Don't settle for the status quo. Use your content in uncommon ways.
• Have a calendar for your content - Plan ahead with your marketing content. How far ahead? That will be whatever you feel comfortable with but a few months should be at least what you strive for. Don't plan too far ahead though as things change quickly. Write this all down and have it where you can see it. This will take the guesswork out of your content creation. You will always know what you need to prepare for next.
You don't want your marketing content to become a chore for you to produce. Using the steps listed above will aid you in getting your word out and help you build your brand. If you plan out all your steps at the beginning the marketing process in due time you will become a content marketing machine.
Steve Lazuka is the founder of Interact Media, creators of the Zerys Content Marketplace and Zerys for Agencies content marketing platforms. Follow Steve @SteveLazuka
Zerys is a powerful content project management tool and writer marketplace that makes it simple to manage any content project from start (strategy planning) to finish (auto-publishing). Zerys for Agencies is a custom, private-labeled solution that allows agencies to manage all their clients’ content projects from one, simple dashboard. Zerys was founded in 2008, and is now used by thousands of businesses and hundreds of marketing agencies.
Looking for broad online syndication of your content? iReach from PR Newswire can help. Click here to find out more.
Google+ profile of Steve Lazuka, Interact MediaBack to top