PR 101 eNEWSLETTER - SUBSCRIBE TODAY!
With simple tips and actionable advice, you'll be able to quickly and easily enhance the visibility of your product, service and brand.
“As President of a Las Vegas based boutique public relations firm working with limited staff and resources, I have found PR Newswire to be an extremely valuable tool in branding and marketing my clients. Representing small businesses and not-for-profit organizations with restrictive budgets (especially in the current economic climate), PR Newswire’s distribution services allows for what I note as the 4Es: the most efficient, effective and economical means of Exposure. Exposure that spans the nation and beyond! In addition to the traditional media pick-up, there are hundreds of TOP internet news rooms which post PR Newswire releases “word-for-word.” The internet news room postings have a two-fold effect: increasing the opportunity for media, businesses and consumers from across the globe to read the release, as well as enhancing the internet Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of the client and its product/service.”
Mary B. Vail, OSG
The Philanthropic Publicist
Build Your Business With Engaging Blog Content
By Steve Lazuka, Zerys for Agencies
Creating an effective content marketing strategy is essential for building your small business. Blog marketing has turned into an increasingly popular form of creating purposeful and exciting content for users to read and enjoy. By creating a solid content marketing plan with an engaging blog you can expand readership and grow your companies awareness.
How do you create this great business blog content?
Creating relevant and interesting content for your site is not that hard if you plan it all out and stick to that plan. Your small business blog will be your personal voice and will position you as an expert in your industry. You want to build your brand with your blog and create a platform to provide you with better visibility.
Let's look at a few simple things that will help you get business blog content that builds your reputation, your audience and, ultimately, your customer base:
- Get personal – This is your blog! It's your voice and your chance to get personal and engage with followers. The blog will position you as an expert and go-to person in your field. So, whether you write it yourself or outsource it to professional writers and/or guest posters, make sure to maintain the personal quality of the content.
- Give yourself time to think – Make time in advance to formulate what you want to say. Just jumping into the writing may cause you to miss important points. Plan ahead some and the words will come much easier.
- Don't write online – From a marketing standpoint, your blog is a serious matter. It's one of the best ways for you to use to build your business. So when writing it, don't let yourself become distracted. There are programs, such as Anti-Social, that allow you to turn off email and social media for better concentration. Turn the ringer off on that cell phone. Give yourself the chance to write in peace and quiet.
- Set a specific time limit – You have a business to run. While your blog is important you can't spend hours on hours writing business blog content. Create a small sense of urgency by allowing yourself say 60-75 minutes to write a blog entry. You will find you write better and more concise with a time limit.
- Start with an outline – Many people prefer to just wing it when writing. However, an outline will really help you organize your thoughts. After writing a great outline it's almost as easy as filling in the blanks. It might help you to write the outline the night before as you think of what you will write.
- Write first, edit later – When you start writing, just write. Don't stop to edit. The editing part comes later. If you stop to edit as you write you will probably lose some great thoughts. So just write, write, write once you begin. After you have it all written then you can go back and begin to edit and revise your words. It might also be wise to have someone look over your entry for spelling and grammar errors. You want your writing to be as clean as possible.
- Don’t worry about keywords – You probably had some keywords in mind when you began writing a blog entry. If so, you should know that Google’s recently launched Hummingbird algorithm has made them virtually irrelevant. So forget the keywords and write naturally. Without keywords in the equation, the emphasis is right back where it always should have been—on quality content that is useful and informative.
Business blog content – It's important!
You want your blog content to help build your business. While writing a blog might not be rocket science it does take some planning and foresight to produce great content. The tips listed above should help ensure that your blog always puts you in the best light with prospective customers.
Engaging blog content will get your site—and your business—noticed. Write great blog content and watch it help your business grow!
Steve Lazuka is the founder of Interact Media, creators of the Zerys Content Marketplace and Zerys for Agencies content marketing platforms. Follow Steve @SteveLazuka
Zerys is a powerful content project management tool and writer marketplace that makes it simple to manage any content project from start (strategy planning) to finish (auto-publishing). Zerys for Agencies is a custom, private-labeled solution that allows agencies to manage all their clients’ content projects from one, simple dashboard. Zerys was founded in 2008, and is now used by thousands of businesses and hundreds of marketing agencies.
Business growth is exciting, and PR Newswire is dedicated to providing resources to facilitate that growth. Check out our detailed guide to improving your company's blog strategy.
Looking for broad online syndication of your content? iReach from PR Newswire can help. Click here to find out more.
Google+ profile of Steve Lazuka, Zerys for AgenciesBack to top