PR 101 eNEWSLETTER - SUBSCRIBE TODAY!
With simple tips and actionable advice, you'll be able to quickly and easily enhance the visibility of your product, service and brand.
“As President of a Las Vegas based boutique public relations firm working with limited staff and resources, I have found PR Newswire to be an extremely valuable tool in branding and marketing my clients. Representing small businesses and not-for-profit organizations with restrictive budgets (especially in the current economic climate), PR Newswire’s distribution services allows for what I note as the 4Es: the most efficient, effective and economical means of Exposure. Exposure that spans the nation and beyond! In addition to the traditional media pick-up, there are hundreds of TOP internet news rooms which post PR Newswire releases “word-for-word.” The internet news room postings have a two-fold effect: increasing the opportunity for media, businesses and consumers from across the globe to read the release, as well as enhancing the internet Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of the client and its product/service.”
Mary B. Vail, OSG
The Philanthropic Publicist
5 Reasons for the Great Content Marketing Correction
By Joe Pulizzi, Content Marketing Institute
It was clear back then and it is even clearer today: most small and large businesses were (are) overweight in paid media and underweight in owned media. The movement (ah, revolution) of content marketing is a necessary correction in the marketplace.
There are many reasons for this correction. Here’s a few to chew on.
- No Technology Barriers – In the past, the publishing process has been complex and expensive. Today, any business can publish for free in five minutes (seconds) or less.
- Talent Availability – Journalists are no longer wary of working on the client-side. I recently did a workshop for 13 technology companies. Each one of them had an open position for an in-house journalist, managing editor or content marketing director. Today, these positions are being filled by journalists who have made the move from the traditional media side. This trend is just getting started.
- Content Acceptance – You don’t have to be the Wall Street Journal to have your content be engaged with and shared. Consumers are making a decision on the spot as to what is credible and what is not.
- Social Media – Social media doesn’t work for most brands without valuable, consistent and compelling information creation and distribution. If brands want to be successful in social media, they need to tell compelling stories.
- Google – Google’s Penguin and Panda updates are clear: content shared from credible sources is key to being found in search. If you want to be found in search engines today, it’s almost impossible to game the system without a solid content marketing strategy.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a traditional marketing hater. I believe that an integrated program of paid, earned and owned media works best. But, simply put, most of us are still overweight in paid media. Until we see more substantial resources shift to the owned media side of the house, the correction will continue.
Looking for broad online syndication of your content? iReach from PR Newswire can help. Click here to find out more.Back to top